Saturday, March 3, 2012

Day 6


Day 6: Mar 4, 2012.

Yesterday was another one of those dull, lie at home, chocolate-binge and watch old movies days. At midnight KK and I embarked upon a mission to find her a pair of "watermelon slippers". It was a long and slow walk from one shut store to another. Eventually though, we did find a pair of Strawberry slippers, which adequately satisfied KK's need for a red fruit of some kind in between her toes. I balanced my wallet on my head the entire duration of the walk back, even got cheered on by a bunch of old drunks outside a pub,  successfully managed to arrive in my bedroom with it still secure on my head, even used the toilet with it STILL perfectly balanced on the middle of my crown, unfazed by KK's shrieks about how it will most definitely fall into the pot. It fell off soon after though, (not into the pot). I don't remember how.

Another super cool thing I did yesterday, I learnt how to eat rice with my hands. Now, don't laugh and scoff, there are somethings a lot of us learn young and take for granted, and sometimes, if that lesson gets skipped, it becomes a social handicap. I've always had to eat it with a spoon, even amongst my Bengali family. Sometimes, if it gets too awkward, then I don't touch the rice at all. Well, anyway, now I know how. I wouldn't say it's easy, but a couple of meals and I'll be a pro.

My mom's been spamming my gmail with things like this: 
"Just like a small cloud can block the sun from shining,
 so do small instances, block, just for a bit
then the sun comes out shining again
ma"

There were a few dozen emoticons in the email as well. Thankfully for you, those got skipped out because I reformatted the font.

Have a wonderful March 4th.


1 comment:

  1. Request- put up pictures sometimes? I am keenly curious about these fruity slippers.

    ReplyDelete