Day 25: Mar 23, 2012.
My mom sent gor papdi, which any Gujju would appreciate, is the ultimate birthday gift. I also was gifted a prefectly GORGEOUS bouquet of pink roses. It's refreshing, my ex didn't believe in flowers, even though I loved them, so these made me happy.
I cried. There's too much pressure to be happy on your birthday, when all I really want to do, is curl up under a blanket, lie and cry till the tears dry, without anyone bothering me to do any different.
I'm a teensy bit inebriated, excuse the inevitable typos and tactlessness.
I've watched My Best Friend's Weding thrice in one day, and I guess the take home message is this: "Maybe there won't be marriage, maybe there won't be sex, but by God, there'll be dancing."
Perhaps that will be my ultimate solace.
I'm scared, lonely, hurt, and the person I miss most in the world is happy with someone else. How does one work around that?
In Man's words, it'll be over soon.
Love,
21 for the last time,
SV.
My mom sent gor papdi, which any Gujju would appreciate, is the ultimate birthday gift. I also was gifted a prefectly GORGEOUS bouquet of pink roses. It's refreshing, my ex didn't believe in flowers, even though I loved them, so these made me happy.
I cried. There's too much pressure to be happy on your birthday, when all I really want to do, is curl up under a blanket, lie and cry till the tears dry, without anyone bothering me to do any different.
I'm a teensy bit inebriated, excuse the inevitable typos and tactlessness.
I've watched My Best Friend's Weding thrice in one day, and I guess the take home message is this: "Maybe there won't be marriage, maybe there won't be sex, but by God, there'll be dancing."
Perhaps that will be my ultimate solace.
I'm scared, lonely, hurt, and the person I miss most in the world is happy with someone else. How does one work around that?
In Man's words, it'll be over soon.
Love,
21 for the last time,
SV.
She's right
ReplyDeleteI hate the pressure to be happy on your birthday too
ReplyDelete