Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day 16

Day 16: Mar 14, 2012.

I had a miserable night and morning, for no obvious reason, really. Felt lonely, sad, betrayed, all those usual things. Which is why today I allowed myself what I hadn't for the last two months of post-break up. I binged and movie marathon-ed. Polished off a tub of ice-cream, an entire jar of chips, half of a GINORMOUS bar of Dairy Milk and about a liter of Coke, while watching six chick flicks back to back. Man helped me finish off most of the food, even sat with me through the last movie.

Well, I feel sick now and marginally happier than I did earlier in the day.

A funny thing happened today. I was outside a grocery store, looking for someone who could lend me a lighter. I indicated that I needed a light to a strange fella with a smoke in his hand who then gave me a  disgruntled look and inserted his hand in his crotch. So I stood there, waiting for him to take his arm out of his pants and hand me a soiled lighter, when I got poked on the shoulder, turned around to find a gorgeous, six feet tall hottietottie (those are a rarity around here) with a shiny zippo in hand. My knight.

Now maybe it's all the chickflicks messing with my head, but I DO believe that that right there, was a sign. A sign not to bother with the strange guys with hands in their pants, and that the knight in armor is probably within sight, waiting to pat you on the shoulder and give you exactly what you need. There must be hope, after all.

Love, and more love.

PS: Girls, it's ladies night, so if you're home doing something mundane, take a couple of minutes to dougie to this.

2 comments:

  1. This is so cutely written, Sneha :)

    Binging on ice-cream and romancing with rom coms are a great short-term solution to mend a broken up; they glue together the pieces temporarily. But if you want to pull yourself together, sort yourself out and move on, you have to reprioritize your world and make yourself the centre of it. Indulge yourself. Love yourself. Go partying with your girls. You deserve it.

    And I quite like the bit about the Lancelotesque fella with the zippo. Most people are so disillusioned and miserable after a break-up, that they refuse to believe in the possibility of another chance. But everything happens for a reason. It's a closed chapter, not the end of the book. You just have to believe in the signs that fate drops around for you to stumble upon.

    ReplyDelete