Day 48: Apr 15-16, 2012.
Just got done with one final. Haven't slept much, but it wasn't too bad. Shall go swim, chill for a bit, get back to work.
My mom called me last night, worried as hell, because she heard from a friend that I've lost a lot of weight. It was hard convincing her that I'm neither depressed nor starving myself. It was incredible.
Now let me put this into context. I have always been the lazy nerdy overweight kid. My mom's a skinny, figure conscious health freak, who works out twice a day and gave up carbs in 1998. You think I'm kidding, but I'm not. Obviously it bothered her to no end that I always weighed a solid ten kilos (not kidding here either) more than her, in spite of being only a couple of inches taller. She starved me. I went through years where the only lunch I got was oats. It was disgusting. I was never allowed dessert. I was bullied into going to the gym every day while my mom monitored how many calories I burnt. She made me visit this strange over-priced dietician/food psychologist every week who insisted that I don't speak during meals, concentrate only on eating, just so I'm more conscious of the food I'm eating. Weirdo. Anyway, even at family events, no one went out of his/her way to offer me food. Never experienced an ek aur kha lo beta, or an aaro chai? even out of kindness. Nope, never. It all came to nought in any case, because I bought myself my Kurkure and Dairymilk.
It didn't help either that Kookie Jar was located outside school.
For additional perspective, here's a picture that's already on Facebook, of my mom, and then of me back in the day.
Well anyway, about two years ago, I vowed to my brother that the day wouldn't be far away, when his dessert would be subject to austere regulation, and I'd be offered a second round, with an adequately concerned aaro chai?
Ha. My mom's calling to check to see if I'm eating enough.
Fist pump, peeps. Tones abs or no toned abs, Mission Accomplished. Additional reason for Ha, I still make sure I get my regular fix of Dairy Milk and Kurkure.
An exhilarated size S now,
SV.
PS: When I dropped my freshman 15 two years ago, I convinced a whole bunch of people that I did it at VLCC, and that they should keep an eye out for the ad with my before and after pictures. Quite a few did, in fact, make a habit out of carefully examining VLCC ads for photoshopped pictures of me. Sigh.
Just got done with one final. Haven't slept much, but it wasn't too bad. Shall go swim, chill for a bit, get back to work.
My mom called me last night, worried as hell, because she heard from a friend that I've lost a lot of weight. It was hard convincing her that I'm neither depressed nor starving myself. It was incredible.
Now let me put this into context. I have always been the lazy nerdy overweight kid. My mom's a skinny, figure conscious health freak, who works out twice a day and gave up carbs in 1998. You think I'm kidding, but I'm not. Obviously it bothered her to no end that I always weighed a solid ten kilos (not kidding here either) more than her, in spite of being only a couple of inches taller. She starved me. I went through years where the only lunch I got was oats. It was disgusting. I was never allowed dessert. I was bullied into going to the gym every day while my mom monitored how many calories I burnt. She made me visit this strange over-priced dietician/food psychologist every week who insisted that I don't speak during meals, concentrate only on eating, just so I'm more conscious of the food I'm eating. Weirdo. Anyway, even at family events, no one went out of his/her way to offer me food. Never experienced an ek aur kha lo beta, or an aaro chai? even out of kindness. Nope, never. It all came to nought in any case, because I bought myself my Kurkure and Dairymilk.
It didn't help either that Kookie Jar was located outside school.
For additional perspective, here's a picture that's already on Facebook, of my mom, and then of me back in the day.
Well anyway, about two years ago, I vowed to my brother that the day wouldn't be far away, when his dessert would be subject to austere regulation, and I'd be offered a second round, with an adequately concerned aaro chai?
Ha. My mom's calling to check to see if I'm eating enough.
Fist pump, peeps. Tones abs or no toned abs, Mission Accomplished. Additional reason for Ha, I still make sure I get my regular fix of Dairy Milk and Kurkure.
An exhilarated size S now,
SV.
PS: When I dropped my freshman 15 two years ago, I convinced a whole bunch of people that I did it at VLCC, and that they should keep an eye out for the ad with my before and after pictures. Quite a few did, in fact, make a habit out of carefully examining VLCC ads for photoshopped pictures of me. Sigh.


No comments:
Post a Comment