It's been a long, wrangled, messy break-up. Ample of indecision, failed attempts at reconciliation, nasty exchange of emails, tears, anger, long sleepless nights, palpitations, re-reading of old chats, the barrage of photograph tearing, facebook de-activating, email deletion, inebriated confessions of everlasting love, the usual, really. Nothing extra-ordinary. Not that I would know ordinary from otherwise, this was my first tryst with real love, so I wouldn't know.
I don't know what the aftermath of love is supposed to feel like. What is love once all hope is gone, and there's no longer a way back to the person who became your home? It's alien, it's scary, it frightening. It's also pretty novel, which is always potentially a good thing.
This is my attempt at a real-time daily documentation of the post-break highs and lows, (more of the former than latter, hopefully). Why? Firstly, I'd like for it to be around for my friends at home to read whenever they worry about me, which is more or less all the time. Secondly, I'd like to be able to objectively look back in a couple of months and see how far I've come, and how I got there. Thirdly, Think I'd want to be able to read it after subsequent breakups. Finally, ofcourse, I'm hoping it'll help me see the funny side of things. I promise to be, if nothing else at all, brutally honest.
Fingers crossed. Here goes.
I don't know what the aftermath of love is supposed to feel like. What is love once all hope is gone, and there's no longer a way back to the person who became your home? It's alien, it's scary, it frightening. It's also pretty novel, which is always potentially a good thing.
This is my attempt at a real-time daily documentation of the post-break highs and lows, (more of the former than latter, hopefully). Why? Firstly, I'd like for it to be around for my friends at home to read whenever they worry about me, which is more or less all the time. Secondly, I'd like to be able to objectively look back in a couple of months and see how far I've come, and how I got there. Thirdly, Think I'd want to be able to read it after subsequent breakups. Finally, ofcourse, I'm hoping it'll help me see the funny side of things. I promise to be, if nothing else at all, brutally honest.
Fingers crossed. Here goes.
This is brilliant stuff Sneha!Only you could have come up with this. :D Big hugg!
ReplyDelete=). Id' like for something good and fun to come out of this.
ReplyDeleteP.S: Earlier layout was better
ReplyDeleteYes. Break ups are the toughest thing in existence. Unless one is a total slut or total jerk. I would know more than these blogs anyway. But coolio. Keep writing. It helps.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I am single.
I can't really imagine what you're going through. But trust you to take it on the chin with this much spirit. You're looking forward already and I'm so proud of you. Love, and I'll keep reading as long as you keep writing.
ReplyDelete